Our summer continues to be busybusybusy, what with our Community Read of William Golding’s Lord of the Flies, and the Children’s Summer Reading Program!
- On Monday, July 26th, the Children’s Room is running a Scratch Art Craft Project. It begins at 11am, is geared to ages 5-8, and pre-registration is required.
- Teen Movie Night is also on Monday. This month, we’re screening a movie that stars Elizabeth McLaughlin as Massie Block and Ellen Marlow as Claire Lyons. It came out in 2008, is rated PG, and was based on Lisi Harrison’s Clique series. As always, free pizza will be served and the movie will begin promptly at 5:45pm.
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic will be held on Tuesday at 11:30am – that all-ages program runs every Tuesday at the same time through August 17th.
- Tuesday evening at 6pm, our Beach Movie Series continues with one of the centerpiece events of our Community Read of William Golding’s Lord of the Flies: a screening of Peter Brook’s critically acclaimed 1963 film adaptation.
- On Wednesday, July 28th, the KFL is holding its very own version of NBC’s Minute to Win It — it’s geared to students in grades 6-12, will begin at 2pm, and pre-registration is required.
- Also on Wednesday? A concert with T-Bone! This all-age program starts at 6:30pm.
- Also also on Wednesday? Our Beachcomber-themed Trivia Night down the street at Duffy’s Tavern! That also begins at 6:30pm.
- Rhyme Time will continue on Thursday, July 29th at 10:30am — that program runs every Thursday at the same time through August 12th.
- On Friday, our Teen Gaming Club will meet as usual at 3pm.
- Friday night, we’ll be screening the last movie in our Beach Movie series: OUTSIDE! It’s a multiple-Oscar-winning 1964 Cary Grant/Leslie Caron romantic comedy/wartime/shipwrecked classic, and the film will begin at dusk. Bring snacks and bug spray.
- Lastly, a reminder: Our summer hours are in effect, so we’ll be closing at 1pm on Saturday, rather than 5pm.
If you’d like to receive email reminders about our programming, hop on over to our website to sign up — and please, do feel free to call the library at 985.2173 with any questions!