This week is huge, with our 13th Edition Road Race, the beginning of our Community Read of William Golding’s Lord of the Flies, and the Children’s Summer Reading Program continues!
- We’ll be closed on Monday the 5th in observance of Independence Day.
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic will be held on Tuesday, July 6th at 11:30am – that all-ages program will run every Tuesday at the same time through August 17th.
- Our Beach Movie Series begins Tuesday at 6pm with the 1959 beach classic based on Frederick Kohner’s book Gidget: The Little Girl with Big Ideas. It stars Sandra Dee, James Darren and Cliff Robertson, inspired a large number of sequels, and is rated G.
- The Beach Movie series continues on Wednesday at 6pm with the 1953 beach classic based on James Jones’ novel From Here to Eternity. It stars Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Swift, Frank Sinatra, Ernest Borgnine, Donna Reed and Deborah Kerr, and features one of film history’s most famous kissing scenes.
- Rhyme Time will be held on Thursday, July 1st at 10:30am — that program will run every Thursday at the same time through August 12th.
- On Friday, our Teen Gaming Club will meet as usual at 3pm.
- Also on Friday is our 13th Edition Road Race — even if you aren’t planning to participate in the race, you should swing on by to enjoy the dulcet tones of the Mousam River Rats, eat some dinner, buy some raffle tickets, and cheer on the runners!
- On Saturday, July 10th, the Friends of the Library are holding one of their legendary book sales — it’s scheduled to run from 8:30am until 1pm.
- Lastly, a reminder: Our summer hours are in effect, so we’ll be closing at 1pm on Saturday, rather than 5pm.