Lots of our regular monthly programs appear this week, and the Children’s Summer Reading Program continues! (The grown-up summer reading program will begin in July – among other things, it will include a Community Read of William Golding’s Lord of the Flies — but that’s a post for another time…) See this flyer for an entire rundown of summertime Youth Services events/programs, and read on for info about this week.
- Teen Movie Night is on Monday the 28th. This month, we’re screening a Jon Turteltaub-directed movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight and Helen Mirren. It came out in 2007, is rated PG, and is the sequel to 2004’s National Treasure. As always, free pizza will be served and the movie will begin promptly at 5:45pm.
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic will be held on Tuesday, June 29th at 11:30am – that all-ages program will run every Tuesday at the same time through August 17th.
- Trivia Night is on Wednesday night, beginning at 6:30. As always, the competition will be fast and furious and the treats will be abundant!
- Rhyme Time will be held on Thursday, July 1st at 10:30am — that program will run every Thursday at the same time through August 12th.
- Also on Thursday is the next installment in our free Lifewise at Lunch lecture series with psychologist and life coach Amy Wood. This month’s subject is Boosting Your Creativity, and it begins at noon.
- As usual, our Teen Gaming Club will meet Friday at 3pm.
- And lastly, a reminder: Our summer hours are in effect, so we’ll be closing at 1pm on Saturday, rather than 5pm.