The big news this week is that the Children’s Summer Reading Program has begun! (The grown-up summer reading program will begin in July — among other things, it will include a Community Read of William Golding’s Lord of the Flies — but that’s a post for another time…) See this flyer for an entire rundown of events, and read on for info about this week’s programs.
- Monday, at 6pm, our Crossover book discussion group will meet to talk about Siobhan Dowd’s Bog Child. Although I won’t be there (I am wedding bound!), I feel confident in saying that conversation will be lively as always. Next month we’ll be discussing Jasper Fforde’s The Eyre Affair — swing by the library to place your copy on hold!
- This summer’s first Teddy Bear’s Picnic will be held on Tuesday, June 22nd at 11:30am — that all-ages program will run every Tuesday at the same time through August 17th.
- Also on Tuesday is Falling Up Words, with juggler Morten Hansen. The performance begins at 6pm, and there’ll be a free juggling workshop after — pre-registration is NOT required, so come one, come all!
- This summer’s first Rhyme Time will be held on Thursday, June 24th at 10:30am — that program will run every Thursday at the same time through August 12th.
- The Adult Book Group meets on this Thursday as well — at 11am — and this month they’re discussing Kenneth Roberts’ Boon Island.
- The first meeting of Sharks of Summer, a book group for students aged 8-12, will be on Friday, June 25th at 12:30pm. Pre-registration IS required for this program.
- And lastly (WHEW!), Teen Gaming is, as always, on Friday at 3pm.
If you’d like to receive email reminders about this or any other program, hop on over to our website to sign up — and please, do feel free to call the library at 985.2173 with any questions!